Sunday, October 2, 2011

and the letters begin...

This weekend was a pretty great one. We got to hear the inspired words of our beloved Prophet and apostles. I can't wait to really sit down, read, and ponder each talk. The whole time, I was picturing Keaton as he sat in the MTC listening and feasting on each and every word. Jeff, Keaton's dad, commented that it sure seemed like they mentioned missionaries A LOT this weekend...then we realized it was probably because that was the only topic we were really listening for and our attention was completely on that.

When I went to visit the Flitton's on Sunday afternoon, Christy showed me with so much excitement two letters that they had received from Keaton -- one to the whole family, and a special one just for her.

It was the first time that I think we could all really just take a deep breath and feel at peace that Keaton is alright. The letters were great, they were so him.

I received my first letter, also!! Keaton wrote:

"Yesterday was crazy. I was literally thrown into class 20 minutes after I pulled up here. Russian sounds SO cool, but it is so hard to learn." The language classes he goes to are 3 hours long, and he is worried he will go insane with all of that Russian, but we are all pretty confident that he will catch on quickly.

His companion's name is Elder King from Idaho. Keaton said that they get along really well, and he loves sports which is a relief. He was so nervous about the whole companion situation...saying, I really hope all my companions at least like sports and talk.

Of course, he mentioned his gym time and how they get to play basketball and volleyball.

He is already doing role plays and teaching scenarios. He says he is learning so much and relies on the Lord for comfort and help.

He is doing so well, already. I could not be more proud of him!

He also would love to hear from all of you! :)

"Missionary: a person who leaves their family for a short time, so that others can be with their families for eternity."

No comments:

Post a Comment