Monday, January 9, 2012

update.

Hello Family and friends

Well I survived a Russian New Years. I didnt think that i was going to make it but we did. We had to be in at 4:00 pm on Saturday, we were able to watch it is a wonderful life, if you haven't seen it i would reccomend it ha. We went to bed at ten as usual and were woken up by fireworks. They love their fireworks here. They lit them off all night. And to add to it our neighbour knocked on our door at 2:00am wanting us to go by vodka with him. We didn't open the door and that made him mad so he started banging on our door and trying to get in. It was funny becuase he was so drunk. We told him to go home but that made him furious and he started to shake the door knob haha, then we told him that if he didnt stop we were going to call the police. His wife came out when she heard that and pulled him in their door. We lost about 4 hours of sleep beacuase he kept coming out and banging on our door. People here love their vodka and their New Years celebrating. It is sad to see what addiction can do to people. I feel remorse for these people and feel bad to see how Satan has such a hold on them. But yah that was New Years for me ha.

I have settled into my city. I really enjoy it here, except that it is freezing here. I love the people here, they are the nicest people and are so good to the missionaries. The members are great, we have personality in our branch. We have a member named uri who says he is a super spy and that he works for Obama. He is about 60. Love him. We had 30 people in sacrament meeting the other day. It was so great to see that many people. And two of our investigators came to the meeting. I was stoked. The work is coming along in Kurgan.

Missionary work is very difficult in Russia but it is very rewarding. The people here are very blind and they want truth but they just don't know where to find it. That puts a big responisibility on my shoulders by talking to everyone. That has been one of my goals is to talk to as much people as possible. It is very difficult because my language isnt that great. I can talk to someone and get my point accross but for most of the time i cant understand them when they talk back haha it is quite interesting sometimes. But I know that the Lord will bless me if I do my best.

We have four investigators there names are Victor, Egor, Evan, Alicia. They are great people and are very intrested in learning more. Evan is are closest prospect to being baptized. He is such a humble person and he wants so bad to be baptized. He doesnt have a white shirt or a tie but we are going to buy him a white shirt and then I am going to give him one of my ties. He is a great person and I know that Heavenly Father loves him very much. He loves to recite poetry and he loves to read the Book of Mormon. It is awesome.

Well I cant believe that I have already been in Russia for a month. It is crazy. The time is flying. I am so thankful to be here in Russia serving a mission. I want to thank everyone that has helped me out in one way or the other. Thank you. Well from Russia with love poka poka (bye bye)

Elder Flitton

love love love these emails more and more each week. 

A quick note about Jeff. He has been called to serve as the 2nd Counselor in the Stake Presidency! There isn't a better man for the job. Love you so much Jeff!!


I hope you all have a great week and are still enjoying the new year!

"The lessons we learn from patience will cultivate our character, lift our lives, and heighten our happiness."
       - Dieter F Uchtdorf  "Continue in Patience" April 2010 Gen. Conf.
             (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND READING THIS TALK!!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment