Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 2, 2013

Dear Family

  Well September is here and August is gone.  The weather is getting quite cooler lately.  The other day Elder Wimber and I were walking down the street and I turned to Elder Wimber and asked him where did Summer go?  We realized that there was no slow change of the weather it just got really cold and wet really fast.  I hope that I don't have to pull out my coat.  I have already packed that puppy away.
  So last week as I explained in my letter we had Zone Conf.  It was really good to see everyone there.  Serving in Siberia you are kind of out of the mission.  Most cities have 8-10 missionries...We have 4 ha.  I like our little zone here in Tyumen.  We have gotten pretty tight.  This week we have planned to do splits so it should be fun.  
  Last week we met with Serafima multiple times.  She is still struggling with keeping some of the commandments.  So unfotunately we are going to have to push her baptism back.  We came to the conclusion that it would be better to have her ready than to just drag her to baptism.  She is so awesome though.  Elder Wimber and I have gotten really close to her.  We are super excited for becuase she is willing to make some big changes in her life to line her life up with how God wants it for her.  She has such strong faith.  We know that she is making really big steps and we are so proud of her just like her Father in Heaven is proud of her.
  The other day I was reading and I learned something that really means a lot to me.  For those who have studyed,prayed, fasted, and done everything to recieve and answere stop worrying.  What you need to do is that you need to thank your Father in Heaven that He trusts you in making deciscions.  God trusts us to do things.  We don't need his voice in telling us "yes that is right" or "this is your answere".  We can pray to Him and let Him know what our desires and wants are.  He will let us know though if it isn't the right thing to do.  I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who cares for all of his children.  I know that God lives and that He wants the best for us.
  Family I love you and want you to know that I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.  Have a great week.
Elder Flitton

No comments:

Post a Comment