Monday, November 28, 2011

2 months has come and gone.

I haven't been doing a very good job at keeping this updated, have I?

It's ok, because the last two weeks were "letter-less" so I didn't have anything to blog about!
BUT, I did receive a surprise at my house last Saturday!
Voice recording, pictures AND a letter!

The voice recording was quite impressive. He spoke in russian the majority of the time. I was lost and had no idea what he was saying except when he would throw my name in there at random times. He has come such a long way with his language! It was incredible to listen to him. He sounds like a completely different person...in a good way, of course. 
I wish I knew what he was saying so I could share it with you guys, but I don't.
All I know is that when he was bearing his testimony, even though I had no clue what he was saying, I knew that he was speaking the truth. Keaton is such an inspiring person. His testimony is so solid and true. He is an outstanding missionary.

All of his roommates gave me a little shout-out.
They are all pretty hilarious guys. I am so happy and relieved that they all get along so well.

On Thanksgiving, they got to participate in a service project. They filled injury/first aide kits. Keaton and his companion were in charge of it for their district. He was excited to do it and knew it was going to be fun!
...no word on how their dinner was though. I will keep you posted.

"This is serious work."

"I have this memorized in Russian!"

"This is a real cute smile."

"He loves me."

They are such good friends

Elder Flitton, Elder Lambert, Elder Holmes, and Elder Zacherl

"I'm so organized."

all of the case endings to all of the russian words. yuck.

Halloween!! Elder Flitton is the Frankenstein

Look at that combover!! What a cutie.
So after my break, I returned to Logan and to my surprise, there was another letter waiting for me!!!
This one had another picture of his whole district, I will scan and share in the next post!
This letter just talked about his temple experiences and more personal experiences that he has had. 
He also talked about being a 4-square champion and how he considers himself one of the elite...oh gosh.
He is teaching for 40 minutes, completely in Russian! He is loving it and gaining more and more confidence!
Last week's devotional was one of the presidents of the Seventy. 
"He talked about the importance of the apostasy. It reaffirmed that this is the true church. God inspired the founding fathers with the constitution so that the church could be established. He inspired Christopher Columbus, Columbus even said that they Holy Ghost  told him to make a voyage to the other side of the world. Satan did all he could to stop the works."
He then tells me the story of Joseph Smith being shot at when he was 13 years old. The bullet barely missed him and shot a cow. No one knows who tried to kill Joseph, but it was definitely Satan.He knew that this would be the boy that would change everything. This church is true. 

 He then bore his testimony. Gets me every time. 

I am so grateful to have a best friend who is so diligent and willing to serve the Lord. 
What an amazing example Keaton is. 
Only two and a half more weeks until he is in RUSSIA!!!!


Ether 12:27
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weaknesses. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

No comments:

Post a Comment