Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013

Dear Family

I am so jelaous that all of you got to watch General Conf last week. We don't get to watch it until this Saturday and Sunday. I cannot wait! I am definitely going to be working on my Patience attribute. I love how here in Russia it is all set up the same way as it is in America. We watch all the sessions at the same time but a week later ha. I am so grateful that we have a living Prophet who really does love us. I am so thankful for the Apostles who truly do testify of Christ. I am so thankful that each and everyone of us have the opportunity to be disciples of Christ. We have some really great examples that we can mirror. I am so excited for this weekend.
This last week Elder Young and I have been quite busy. We took a train to Yekat on Tuesday at about 8pm and got into Yekat the next day at about 12pm. We then had zone leader council all day and it continued to the next day until about 3pm. We then took a train back to Ufa and got into Ufa at about 6am the next day. I really have done a lot of traveling on my mission. It has been a really great experience to see the country and what Russia truly is like.
Zone leader council was really great. We had a goal this year as a mission to have 12 men recieve the Mel. Priesthood, go to the temple, and also get sealed to their family. Each one of these gets a point. Here in Ufa about a month ago we had 5 men get the Mel. Priesthood. We as a mission have surpassed our goal of 12 and now have 15. We zone leaders in this council have now set the goal of a total of 36. We are really excited and so are the rest of our missionaries. This is the best mission in the world and the most obedient.
So we are still on the hunt for an apartment for the Smith's. We haven't had too much luck. They right now are living in our apartment and we are living with the other Elders. Apartments here in Russia aren't that great. Especially the ones by the church. I am grateful that my first apartment on the mission was terrible because I really have seen the worse ha. Now I can cope with the other bad apartments in the mission. We really do need to find the Smith's a new apartment because I really want to go back to my old apartment ha.
So yesterday after church some Muslim guy came in and wanted to know more about the church. So Elder Young and I sat down with him and told him what we believed. He had many great questions and was a very good listener. He was very impressed about what we believe. But there was one thing that he disagreed about, and that was that Jesus Christ was the Son of God. He said that he believes that Jesus was a messenger of God and that he was a teacher and prophet. My heart sank when he told me that. We respect all people and what they believe but it truly was hard to hear those words. I then felt the prompting to bear him my testimony that Jesus is the Christ and that He truly is the Son of God. I am so thankful that I have the testimony and knowledge that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he is our Savior and Redeemer. He has done theee most work on this earth than any other man that has walked this earth. He set the way so that all could recieve eternal glory. Through his Atonement we are all indebted to him eternally. He died so that we could live. Jesus of Nazareth just wasn't a great teacher or a prophet. He was the one that was selected before the worlds. He is the one that stood before all of us in the council of heaven and said "send me". He is the one that took upon himself every feeling known to man,every pain and sickness we experience and every trial given to men. He lived a perfect life because He was of the Father and the Father was in Him. He truly is the Son of God and we can all know that through the scriptures, prophets, apostles, family, friends. Jesus truly is our Redeemer.
Family I love you so much. Thank you for letting me come out on a mission. I have learned so much and have grown so much. I feel like my mission has been a baseball game. It is know the 7th inning and it is time to throw in the closer. I am so grateful for every lesson that I have learned. Thank you again for this opportunity. Love you all
Elder Flitton
Ps haven't gotten my package yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment