Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013

Dear Family

I sure enjoyed General Conference this last weekend. It was my last Conference on the mission. I can't believe that I will be watching it next October at home. Definitaley going to one of the sessions. I feel like Conference on my mission has changed my whole out look. I remember watching it at home and always sleeping during it and then when the prophet would speak I would wake up. I sure missed out. I totally regret it. I am so thankful that this Church is a world wide church and that I got to watch the broadcast of it all the way here in Russia. I can't wait to get home and actually go to conference. Well in October that can be done.
So we finally got an apartment for the Smith's. It is a very nice apartment. They have heated floors in their apartment and also have a dish washer...I sure hope they like it because they are going to be there for 18 months. Also we were able to move out of the other Elder's apartment. Finally ha. Their apartment was so little and everything was just so messy. It was so nice this morning not to have a line for the shower. It was great.
Today we are going to have FHE at a members house. We are going to play soccer at 5 and then go over and have a little Spiritual thought at their house. A lot of people from the branch go so it is going to be really fun. I have gotten a lot better at playing soccer. yah you never would have thought ha. I think I like it so much because it is really good exercise. Every morning we wake up at 6:30 and do exercise. Let's just say that Elder Flitton has no motivation in the morning to have a good work out. I have gotten really good at stretching and also doing yoga haha.
It was really great to get on email today and see the news that the twins got their mission calls. Well I am grateful that they get to go to a place that is warm and they don't have to layer there clothes. So congratulations on your calls!!! It is too bad that you leave in July. Maybe you could call President Monson and ask him to move your date back to September 20th. Nonetheless I am so excited for you two.
So Conference was so awesome. I loved all of the talks that were given from the pulpit. It was so great to hear from President Monson, his conselors, and the qourm of the 12. I think my favorite talk was from President Monson when he talked about Obedience. He has such a great sense of humor. I am so thankful that he felt inspired to talk about obedience. I feel like on my mission i have truly come to understand the importance of Obedience. It is so great that obedience is the first law of everything. It is the first law in Heaven and if you aren't willing to abide by the laws that God has given you cant live with Him. Obedience truly sets someone free. The world thinks that with all of these rules we can't have fun and we can't live the way that we want to. When you really think about it the laws of the land and the spiritual laws of God are truly what makes us happy and sets us free. If you want a great example of obedience read the first three chapters of Daniel. I was so happy when I started to read Daniel after just hearing the talk from President Monson. It made me look more for obedience as I read in the scriptures.
So our investigators are doing alright. They could be doing better but we are working with what we have. Brother Bryan is still reading from the Book of Mormon and is still trying to quit some habits that he has. He told us that he would come to a session of GC but he never came. we are having a really hard time getting him to come to church. I hope that in the near future he will be able to understand the importance of the sabbath day. I worry that my time in ufa is running low. I just wish so bad to help him grasp the gospel and be baptized. I guess the Lord see's otherwise. One of those things where we just have to accept the Lord's timing. Our other investigator Alexan is really busy with school. We are planning on meeting with him this week. His family is really helping us.
Thank you all for sending me emails. I sure do appreciate your love and support. I hope that everyone has a great week and that everyone stays safe.
Love
Elder Flitton

No comments:

Post a Comment