Tuesday, June 18, 2013

All is well. June 18,2013

Dear Family
 
  So sorry that I wasn't able to write yesterday.  We found out yesterday that our internet place got shut down.  So yesterday we wanted to check out if the library in center was opened.  For some odd reason it is closed on Monday so now we probably will be doing internet on Tuesday for now on.  The library is the nicest building that I have ever been in Russia.  I feel like I am at some kind of state capital house or something.  Today we got our cute little library cards with our picture on them and we are now sitting in a really nice room doing interent.  Lets just say that we scored big time here in Tyumen.
  Sounds like everyone had a very eventful week last week.  I am super jelaous about the Moon lake trip.  It looks so fun just to be out on the lake fishing.  I hope by the time I get home we can plan some kind of trip and go fishing out on the lake.  Also I can't believe that Anna got her licsense.  I congratulate you ha.
  So last week we found a new investigator.  Her name is Cerafima.  We met with her a lot last week.  We have become like best friends.  She is so funny.  We met her on a bus two weeks ago.  She actually came up to us and asked us why we were matching (white shirt, tie, slacks....we kind of stick out).  We then had a great conversation with her and now we are pretty good friends.  She is so great and I am so happy that I have the opportunity to be able to teach her.  After internet we have a meeting with her and we are going to ask her to be baptized.  Keep your fingers crossed:)
  This week we will be having Zone Conference in Yekaterinburg.  I am really excited for it.  This will be probably be my last one.  This is Presidents Rust last Zone Conf.  So this one is going to be really good.  It is so crazy that in two weeks I will have a new mission President.  I am kind of bummed that I won't have my exit interview with President Rust.  But I'm sure that President Christinsen will be great.  It is going to be a new change here in this mission.
  Our investigator Vitalie has gone MIA.  He told us last week that he was leaving for a couple of days.  Well it has been a week and we haven't heard anything from.  I am kind of worried for him and hope that all is ok with him.  He is probably just taking some extra time wherever he is.  Also our investigator Bulat has kind of taken a dive.  He hasn't been to church so we won't have a baptism service for him this saturday.  It is kind of a stink but every one has there freedom to choose.
  So I read the other day the talk by President Monson.  The talk that he gave during the Priesthood session.  I want to share with you a couple of things that I really enjoyed.  President Monson said "Young men, I hope you appreciate the sacrifices which your parents so willingly make in order for you to serve."  I just want to take the time and notice you, Mom and Dad.  I know that you have sacrificed so much for me.  You have put so much out on the table.  In which I will always be indebted to you for.  If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here.  I wouldn't have had the experiences that I have.  I wouldn't have found the people that I promised in the Pre mortal excistince that I would find.  Most of all I wouldn't have changed and become the Mel. Priesthood holder that I am today.  So thank you so much for this.  Also Grandma and Grandpa.  Thank you so much for your unending support and love.  Your prayers in my behalf are felt every day.  Every morning that I rise I feel a new refreshing and a drive to get work done.  Thank you so much.  Aunt Jen you are the greatest Aunt.  Your emails every week make me so happy.  Thank you so much for everything.  Once again you are helping me with something that I couldn't do by myself.  I love you.
Now the list of people could go on and on.  But I just wanted to make sure that those people knew the love and gratitude that I have for them.  thank you!
   President went on to say "Their labors will sustain you, their faith encourage you, their prayers uphold you.  A mission is a family affair.  Through the expanse of continents or oceans may separate, hearts are as one."  I am so thankful that eventhough oceans and lands divide us we are still united as one.  That is the only thing that I ask.  That as a family we remain unified.  NO matter how hard the storms hit, no matter how far away we are from each other, we will still remain unified in love.  The sealing that has been placed upon our family is real and it works.  ONLY if we are all unified as one with one specific goal, which is to live in the presence of God TOGETHER. 
  Family I love you so much.  thank you so much for everything that you do for me.  I miss you.  Please know that my prayers to you are constant and that your prayers for me are felt.  I need your support and faith especially right now as the end draws near.  Thank you.
Love
Elder Flitton
D+C 88:63 (from now on I am going to do a scripture of the week)
mom make sure that you email my emails to Matt's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment