Monday, June 24, 2013

Hello summer. June 24, 2013

Dear Family

  As you can tell by the title of this email, summer is here in Tyumen.  I think I have lost at least 5 pounds from sweating.  Wearing a white collar shirt with a tie and black slacks is the best way to loose weight if anyone is interested.  Just put on the missionary attire and walk around with a back pack full of books and you will definately loose weight.  Ha jk don't try it.  It isn't that pleasing.  But seriously I don't know how other missions do it where it is a constant blazing sun everyday.  Garett asked if I would choose a hot mission or a cold mission.  I am going to have to say a cold mission.  
  So last week was quite the eventful week.  Elder Wimber and I were able to meet with our investigator Serafima.  On tuesday after email we had a meeting with her.  We watched the Restoration film and then talked about prayer.  The spirit was super strong and so we invited her to give prayer a try.  But she told us that she wasn't ready.  I was kind of bummed because I had some high hopes going into that meeting.  But is just goes to show that we have a lot more work to do with her.  Today we are getting dinner with her and then we will talk about faith. Please pray for us.
  All of our investigators like Bulat and Vitalie kind of just fell off the map.  We think that Vitalie left to St. Petes early so he won't get back until like September.  Kind of a bummer but I will still probably be here by then so that is good.  We have a lot of potential investigators.  I am really excited about this one lady that I talked to on the street.  She actually invited us over to her house.  So probably tomorrow we are going to go over.  Things are going great here.
  Also last week was Zone Conference.  It was President Rusts last Zone Conference.  On Wednesday we took a train to Yeakt and then I had my last interview with him.  It was a really good interview for it being my last one.  I am so glad that I as able to serve with him.  He really has taught me so much.  I am so thankful for all of the lessons that I have learned from him.  I think that is awesome that you are going to go to his homecoming talk.  Mom give him a big hug for me.  I love his hugs.  Just think I just hugged him and now he is hugging you ha. So it is like a hug from me.  He is such a great guy.  I am going to miss him.  They leave the 29th and we will have a new man in the big chair by the end of the week.  
  The Zone Conference was all about faith.  President did some great teaching.  He talked about Light.  It was really interesting to learn about how faith is connected to light.  When we are obedient and we live according to the gospel we recieve more light.  We recieve more knowledge.  I am so thankful that God has given us the opportunity to recieve more knowledge.  It is so great that he wants us learn as much as we can.  I love light and knowledge.
  So this week is the start of a new transfer.  I only have 1 more after this one.  I am really enjoying my time here in Tyumen.  This city is great.  I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to serve in this city. I know that there are people out there waiting for me.
  I hope that everyone has a great week talk to you next week.
Elder Flitton

No comments:

Post a Comment