Monday, July 15, 2013

Busy Week. July 15, 2013

Dear Family

  This last week has been a very busy week for Elder Wimber and I.  But it is so cool that everything went well with Cam and Garett's farewell.  Sounds like things got a little shaky but everything turned out.  I am glad to hear that.  Also I hear that the talks were really great.  That is so awesome that you two are already speaking with the spirit.  That is going to be the most important thing for you to do on your mission.  Good luck my brothers.
  So last week I finally got to meet my mission President.  He is so cool.  He is pretty important back in the state of Utah.  He told us so many storys from his life.  Oh ya he is best friends with Elder Bednar.  He is so cool that Elder Bednar calls him to go golfing....kayyyy.  Also he gets courtside seats to every jazz game.  So in my exit interview I am goiong to ask him for some tickets haha.
  But in all seriousness he is a very spiritual guy.  I am so impressed how ready he is to take this mission and lead it.  He has some great ideas for this mission.  He is a very good business man so he knows how to run things.  His wife is so sweet.  This mission is in very good hands.  Also he is trying really hard to learn Russian.  He is actually pretty good.  He will be going out on splits with missionaires and working more in the field.  We are actually going to be having him come down this week to Tyumen.  We are really excited.
  Also when we got back to Tyumen on Thursday we went out on Friday to meet with the member that lives in the village.  We took Sveta and her friend Evan from America.  It was about an 1 1/2 bus ride out there.  I died on the bus.  They don't have air conditioning on busses here so it was probably at least 105f on that dang bus.  I have never sweated so bad in my life.  When we got to the place we ahd to take a taxi out to the village.  So we found a taxi and he tryed to take us out to the viallage.  But he got us lost... Also it started to rain really really bad.  He decided to take a left turn on to some random road and it was a dirt road.  So we just slid and did a 180 in his car.  We were stuck in mud... So we tried to push it out but it wasn't moving.  So we had to flag some guy down.  He was driving his jeep and herding his cows haha.  Luckily he helped and pulled us out.  Unfortunately we werent able to visit our member.  But is was definately an adventure.  You will have to ask Sveta when she comes about all of our fun adventures ha.
  Ok a little about Sveta.  She speaks perfect English.  She served a mission in St. Petes a couple of years ago.  She is really good friends with the old senior couple the Schows.  Sveta has been to America before.  This time she is going to visit friends and travel a little.  She is awesome.  Tell her when you see her that she is the best member.  She really has helped us out so much.  She is awesome.  
  Some words about our investigators.  Serafima is doing great.  She told us that she loves to pray now. We have been sending her every day scriptures to read.  She is progressing very well. We are really excited for her.  I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to teach her.  I am so thankful that God has trusted me to be the missionary to guide her back to the fold.  I really do love her and want the best for her.  She has become a great friend.
  Things are going great for Elder Wimber and I.  We are having so much fun together.  We have become like brothers.  One of my most favorite things about the mission is the relationships that you have with companions and other missionaries and members.  I have some pretty great friends here and I am so thankful to God for that.  I love my mission so much.  I have learned so much and have changet a lot.  I thank you for your love and support.  Have a great week!
Elder Flitton

No comments:

Post a Comment