Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer days. July 22, 2013

Dear Family

  It has been a great week for Elder Wimber and I here in Tyumen.  The weather is nice.  Every day the sun shines and then in the evening a big thunderstorm rolls in.  Thunder storms are kind of scary here.  For some reason they are really loud.  Also there are great lightning storms as well.  But this last week we have been trying to stay out of the rain.  We make sure to bring our umbrellas with us every where we go.
  This weekend we had President and his wife here.  On Saturday we had Zone meeting.  It was kind of nerve racking because I am the one who plans it ha.  But it went really well.  We talked a lot about how we could help the branch here in Tyumen grow bigger.  President Christensen is a really smart guy.  He had a lot of really good insights and suggestions.  Also on Saturday night we had a little Fireside at the branch.  The Christensens wanted to get to know the members by showing pictures of their family and talking about them.  It was a really good turn out.  We pretty much had all of the active members come it was great.  President Christensen has a really nice house BTW ha.  He lives in bountiful and his back yard is an over look of the Bountiful Temple.  Everyone was super jelaous.
  Sunday was a very busy day.  I was translating for President all day with interviews and all that other stuff that Stake Presidents do.  I felt like during that time I was with him we were able to grow closer.  I love him so much.  He has such a loving heart.  He was the perfect guy to fill the seat.  I respect him so much.  I also got to have my interview with him.  This was my first one.  I really enjoyed it.  I am bummed that I don't get to serve with him longer.  This mission is definately heading in the right direction.
  I can't believe that July is wrapping up.  It kind of scares me how fast the time has gone during this month.  On Sunday Elder Wimber and I have to take a bus to Kurgan and then on Monday morning I am taking a train to Yekat for Mission leadership Council.  The time is going way to fast.  So I won't be emailing on monday.  I am too busy so i will probably be emailing on Wednesday or Thursday.
  Our investigators are doing alright.  Serafima isn't doing that well.  We are giving her a little break.  She needs to understand the reason why we are meeting with her.  Her situation is difficult and I don't feel like writing through a email.  Just pray for her.  Also our other investigator Masha is doing great.  She is from Kurgan but she is studying here.  She has so many questions wich is awesome.  She is so awesome.
  Well my time is up.  Thank you for your love and support.  I love you... Talk to yoiu next week.
Elder Flitton

No comments:

Post a Comment