Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Miracle week. July 8, 2013

Dear Family

  I want to start off by saying that I am very jelaous that everyone had so much fun with the 4th of July celebrating.  Just to let you know Elder Wimber and I tryed to celebrate it.  It was my companions birthday on the 3rd so we went and got Shashlikey(shishkabobs) that was the closest thing to a BBQ.  We then later that night had a birthday party at a members house for my companion.  Also an American by the name of Shawn Hoops came.  Sounds like he emailed you.  He is a pretty cool guy.  He was in Mo-Tab for like 20 years.  He was cool.  But we tryed our hardest to make the 4th a good one.
   I think that is so cool that you all gathered at Grandpas Wendy's house.  I miss going over there and mowing his lawn.  Also sitting with him and watching football.  He always had the most funniest comments to say.  That house has so much great history.  That is so cool that whole family tryed to get to together and celebrate Americas holiday at his place.  Dad I tip my hat to you.  Way to put it on.  I didn't think you had it in you to plan party's.  Maybe you can take that up when you retire haha.
  So as you can see the topic of this email is "miracle week".  I can say that it indeed was a week full of blessings and miracles.  
1.  Our investigator Serafima prayed for us.  We have been working with her for the last three weeks and she always told us that she wouldn't do it.  But on our lesson she said out of no where " I am ready to pray!"  I was shocked and sat there with my jaw open.  I had no idea what to say ha.  We then, all five of us knelt and had a kneeling pryaer.  It was so spiritual.  After the prayer we sat there in silence and then we invited her to be baptized.  She didn't know what to say.  She then said that she wanted to think about it.  So know she is thinking about baptism on the 4th of August.  I am so thankful for all of your prayers that you have said for her.  I know without them she wouldn't have progressed and showed her faith.  Please continue to pray for her that she will recieve and answere to be baptized on the 4th of August.  Once again thankyou so much!
2.  Elder Wimber and I found 2 new investigators this week!!!  We are so excited for them.  Pavel and  also Masha.  Masha is actually dating a member that is from Kurgan but is now living here in Tyumen.  Yesterday we met with both of them and she told us that she wants to know more!  Also we met with Pavel two times last week and he told us that he wants to learn more.  He also prayed to know if this is true.  We are so excited for our two new investigators.
3. I don't know if I have talked about August.  He is a recent convert from the Ivory Coast(africa).  He got baptized in January.  He has been living in Russia for about 5 years now.  He has been going to school here.  Well this last week he finished all of his schooling.  He got a +5 which is like a A+.  Yesterday he bore a sincere testimony of the truethfulness of the church.  The church helped him pay the rest of his schooling off.  He has such strong faith and he is so converted to the gospel.  If all were like August this would be a better world ha.  
4. Yesterday we were able to meet with a girl who is a member but hasn't been to church for awhile.  It has been really hard to get a meeting set up with her but we were eventually able and yesterday we had a great lesson with her.  Sveta(girl coming to amercia to visit) helped us out on the lesson.  We had an awsome experience with her and she said that she will come to church.
  These are only a couple of miracles that have happened last week.  I know thanks to your prayers I am seeing a lot success.  I know that the Lord plays a big part in this work, for it is His work.  I am so thankful to be apart of it.  I know that mircales happen today.  Through faith miracles are wrought.  I know that the prayers of the faithful are heard by a loving Father.  God is mindful of each and everyone of His children.  I know that God lives because I know Him.  He manifests Himself only to those that call out to Him.  So give it a shot and call out to Him.  If you do so with faith and a humble heart I know that He will anwsere back.  This work that I am doing is the most important work that is going on, on the face of this planet.  The stone has been cut out of the mountain and it surely is rolling forth to every nation and every tongue.  The time when the Saints will return is soon approaching.
  Family I love you and hope that you have a great week.  I have mission leadership council this week so hopefully I will be able to get some mail.  Also it will be the first time I meet my mission President.  I am really excited.  I love you!
Elder Flitton

No comments:

Post a Comment