Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

Dear Family

  Another week has come and gone.  Everyone here in Russia is starting to get ready to go back to school and everything.  The first day of September is called "day of knowledge".  So that is coming up quick and everyone is buying new school clothes.  The kids in elementary school have to have suits the first week of school.  So all these little guys are getting suits.  It is cute. 
  Sounds like this is happening also back home.  Back to school is here.  Where did summer go?  I can't believe that time has flown by so fast.  Today in Tyumen is a very chilly day.  It is 11oc right now.  Everyone on the streets is dressed up as if it is winter haha.  So to fit in with everyone I pulled out my little fall coat ha.  
  Today before internet elder wimber and I and the other elders went bowling.  We have made it a tradition now.  We have been bowling for pday for the last three weeks.  I have come to love bowling ha.  The only thing is that the first time I pulled a muscle in my butt haha.  My body has gotten very rusty.  I was very embarrassed ha but all is well.  Now every time I go I have to stretch.  It isn't fun getting old hahaha.
  So our investigators are doing very well.  Masha has been reading from the Book of Mormon regularly.  She is doing great.  She soon starts school so we are trying to meet with her as much as possible before she is super busy again.  Also Serafima is so awesome.  We had two meetings with her last week that were so good that she started to shout for happiness haha.  We nailed it pretty good.  She is definatley progressing very well.  We hope this week to invite her to be baptized.  She is so great.  She has brought me so much happiness.  She is such a great example of showing love to others and just being a true friend.  She is very special.
  I can't believe that my birthday is already here.  The big 21 ha.  I guess now I am a real adult...kind of scary.  I am not expecting a big change on the 17th ha.  I think the big change will come when i return home ha.  It is a very weird feeling that in a couple of weeks I will be packing up and coming home.  It is a very strange feeling.  I just still can't imagine myself coming home so soon.  It hasn't hit me yet.  It probably wont hit me until I sit down with President in his office and then get on a plane headed to NY.  I have been studying lately what it means to endure to the end.  Luckily I have some experience with this.  As you all know I played football for Murray High and they aren't quite known for their football ha.  Sometimes I wanted to quit but my Dad was always there telling me to finish strong.  Right now I can still hear him in the back of my head saying finish strong.  I am so excited for these next 5 weeks.  God has some big things in store for Elder Flitton.  I can't wait to see what it is.
  Family I love you so much.  I am so thankful for everything that you do for me.  Also I will probably go out to a restaurant on Saturday so if the money is on by then it would be great.  I love you all so much.  Thanks for all the Birthday wishes.  I will definately be celebrating this birthday. Also Russians love to celebrate birthdays....And everyone knows that it is my birthday so I am sure there will be a party ha.  I love the members here.
  Love you all! Have a great week.
Elder Flitton

No comments:

Post a Comment