Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013

Dear Family

  Good to hear from all of you.  It sounds like Youth Conf was a huge success.  It sounds really fun.  So transfer week is indeed here.  I got my transfers and I will be staying in Tyumen with Elder Wimber.  I am actually really glad that this is how it is going to end.  I really do love this city so much.  The members are so awesome.  If you could just see the testimonies that they have it is undescribable.  I can really call this place my home.  I am also very happy that I will be finishing my mission with Elder Wimber.  We have become best friends.  We have some great goals for this transfer and also goals for after mission... I love him so much.  He is like a brother to me.  I never had a brother but serving a mission I truly have felt what it is like to have one. 
  So this week is transfer week.  Elder Hill will be training.  He is the other elder that is in Tyumen.  He just got done being trained so he is very nervous to train.  He is stressing a lot so could you please keep Elder Hill in your prayers...Thank you.  
  The mission is getting very young and also changing really fast.  For my first time on the mission we have a Russian missionary as a assistant.  President C wants to have the Russians in leadership positions.  It makes sense because they are 100% going to be the leaders of the church here in Russia in the near future.  I am glad that Elder Gladkov is now the Assistant.  Me and him are pretty good buds.  I think the world of him and have total confidence in him.
  So now I am the oldest in the mission.  It is really weird to think that.  My mission has truly benefited me so much.  It is crazy to think how much I have progressed in the Gospel and in general life.  Russia is a great place.  I am so thankful that I have lived here for the last 21 months of my life.  I really want to come back in the future.  The people here are truly special.  I have seen so much here.  Here it is 100% different than what it is like in the safe enclosure of Salt Lake ha.  I am glad that I have had the opportunity to see how the rest of the world lives epecially this part of the world.  I am so thankful that the gospel is going to the whole world.  Only the gospel will bring true happiness to the world.  Only through the Gospel will we have peace one with another.  The world is getting worse but the gospel and the church will never change.  Those who live the gospel have no need to worthy.  I testify that Christ lives and that He loves all of us.  I testify that Joseph Smith was a uneducated farm boy that was called of God to lead and restore everything back into its perfect order.  The Church is true.
  Family I love you and hope that you have a great week.  Thank you so much for everything that you do for me.  Enjoy these last couple weeks of summer.
Elder Flitton

No comments:

Post a Comment