Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day week update!

Happy Valentines!
Wow I can't believe that it is already Valentines. I only have three more weeks left in this transfer and then I will be done being trained. That is so crazy to think, the time is flying so fast. It felt like it was yesterday that I was sitting in the Mission home meeting my mission president. I have really enjoyed my time serving with Elder Hronek, we have definately found a way to enjoy the work and have fun with it. We have come up with a lot of ideas on how to contact and how to get our investigators to progress. For example when we knock doors we have a scripture in the Book of Mormon ready and we ask the person if we can share a small verse from the scriptures. We then bear testimony and no one can question a sincere testimonoy. Elder Hronek and I have seen a lot of success and we have also seen a lot of down times, but as I said before we know how to cheer each other up. I really enjoy the work. There is no greater joy than preaching the Gospel and inviting people to come closer to their Heavenly Father.
This last week was kind of difficult. I got sick Tuesday night and was sick all day Wednesday. It was a bummer because we had to stay inside all day. The good news is that i'm better and whatever that bug I had is gone. On thursday the zone leaders came down to our city. I was supposed to get my mail and packages but they forgot them in their apartment. That was a huge let down, I was looking so forward to getting mail. But it is all ok because the senior couple is coming down to Kurgan and they are stopping in Tumen where the zone leaders are, so I will get my mail at the end of this week. I can't wait ha. On saturday we had a "ward party", we played ping pong and watched the "Testament". For refreshments we had a cake, some cookies and some juice. I guess that is what you get when you have missionaries plan a event. It went very well, we had a good turn out and we got some new investigators out of it. It was nice to talk to ward members and just have fun.
Well we did have a baptism date set for Igor if he came to church yesterday. We called him saturday night to remind him. He said that he would be there. Well Sunday came and he wasn't there. It was a big bummer because we have to move his baptism back another couple of weeks. If only he just came to church he could be baptized. He has only been once and we feel that if he would have come this week he would have been ready for baptism. We dont want to baptize him if he is not ready. We want him to be a solid member and not to go in-active. That is what happens to a lot of people here in Russia. The Provoslovnik church loves to persecute the members here. We have a lot of less active members here in Kurgan. We work very hard with less actives and try to visit them as much as possible and try to get them to come back to church.
Our investigator Victor has fallen of the face of the planet. He wont anwser our calls or texts. We have taught him all of the lessons and we had a baptism date ready for him, but we haven't seen him for two weeks now. We had to move him back to the former investigators. It was really discouraging because he was a really good friend. We started teaching him when I got to Kurgan so we have been working with him for awhile. Sometimes I just don't understand because he was progressing and was coming to church. Hopefully he will call us back soon.
We got two new investigators, im way excited for them. We have a meeting with one of them tonight so im pumped. We have been working really hard these last couple of weeks to find some new investigators. The Kurgan branch needs more members.
Well I have good feelings about this week. I cant wait to start working with our new investigators. I have really enjoyed my time here in Kurgan. I love the people here, they are the greatest. I know that if you work your hardest and show your faith the Lord will bless you. No matter how hard things get you can always put your trust in Jesus Christ and he will pull you out. I have a new favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon. It helped me in the MTC and it helps me even more here in the field. Alma 36:3.
Thank you everyone for your emails and all of the support back home.
Love,
Elder Flitton


"As Christ followed the Father under any circumstance, we should follow His Son. If we do so, it matters not what kind of persecution, suffering, grief, or "thorn in the flesh" we face. We are not alone. Christ will assist us. His tender mercies will make us might under any circumstance."
     -Walter F. Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment