Sunday, February 19, 2012

First Baptism!

I don't think there was a full big family email this particular week, only personal emails to a few family members.
I don't want to copy each email in its entirety, so here are just a few snippets from each:
Elder Flitton, Evan, and Elder Hronek at Evan's baptism!!

         "I was able to baptize someone last week. I have never felt so much joy before in my life. As I baptized him I realized that through baptism we can make it back to our Heavenly Father if we are faithful. That is now possible for Evan. THe joy I cant describe in words.
I was studying chapter 8 in pmg and it made me realize how important goals are. Thank you for that last email. I was reading this morning in pmg about hope. If we have hope and do good works all will come out good in the end. That is an awesome promise from our Heavenly Father."

"I cant believe that it has already been 4 months, it is so crazy to think. The time is definately going fast. Everything went great at the baptism. Our branch president didn't come so that was really the only thing that didn't go according to plan. But we were prepared and the service went great. "

"I read in PMG this morning about Hope. I learned that if you hope for good things and you do good works everything will turn out for the best. I have been reading in the scriptures about Moroni. I love how he goes to each Nephite city and strengthens it. I think that is what we have to do with ourselves. If we strenghten ourselves we can hold off the Lamanites(temptation) and come out victorious. I love reading the scriptures. I learn something new from them every day. "


"I was thinking today when I get back from the mission we are going to hangout like the whole week. Yes I am a mommas boy. I hope all is well at home with Katie and Anna. I cant believe that Katie is going to be a senior next year and Anna will be in high school. Guess what? You are getting old but your looks dont show it. Every time i show pictures to people they always ask me who is this lady, I tell them that that is my mom and they say "WOW she sure is beautiful" I say yah I know. I love you mom."
    (I HAD to add this because it is the sweetest thing I have ever read. Christy, you are a lucky woman to have such an incredible and loving son!!)


"There has been something on my mind that I want to talk to you about. I have been thinking about my mission and the kind of missionary I want to be at the end of my mission. I read a scripture in 2Timothy the other day. It is the one that says I have fought the fight, I have kept the faith. That has been on my mind a lot. I think the way I work on my mission will decide how Heavenly Father will recieve me. He will have open arms and a smile on his faith and he will say "my faithful servant, you have kept the faith. There is a place prepared for you in my kingdom." That is how I picture it. I don't know why that has been on my mind so much, but it just makes me work harder and harder. I want to be the best missionary possible."


Wow. It has been almost 5 months. This boy is a man now. I can't get over the wisdom and faith that he is showing and sharing. I think it is safe to say that we are all feeling the blessings at home from Keaton's efforts all the way in Russia. 

"Brethren, our religion is a joyful one! We are most blessed to bear the priesthood of God! In the book of Psalms we read, "Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, int he light of thy countenance." We can experience this greater joy if we but look for it."
    -Dieter F Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment